This year major media outlets take into account about what took place in 2019 and 2010s. The evaluators reflect on the best moments of the year and decade. We have top 10 moments, best event, and whatever "best_______" of the the time period. We also have the opportunity to do the same for ourselves. This personal inventory of our small or major victories can help you see how far you have grown and can show you where you are heading to in your life. Reviewing your past can show how your present day has been shaped. And making changes to your present can shape your future.
I wanted to provide tips to help you create your personal list and help you see how far you have came in the past year and decade. Everyone has different categories in their life that were of significance. Whether it is your health, finances, business, education,career, relationships, and spirituality, they are all worthy to be celebrated. The questions below can help you reflect on your past year and decade.
- Did you start incorporating exercise routines and nutrition habits into your life? If not, were you able to find someone who can help you?
- Based on your physical and/or mental health concerns, were you able to find a health provider that understood you and solved your problems?
- Did you have great medical labs and reports? If not, were you and your provider able to make steps for improvements?
- Did you and your family see an increase in income?
- Were you able utilize resources such as coaches, financial planners, books, blogs, and the internet to help with your financial education and growth? If not, have you atleast identified a resource to help with this growth?
- Were you able to develop multiple streams of income such as having a side hustle, investments, multiple jobs, and business ownership?
- Are you happy that you had enough or more than enough to cover all of your expenses?
- Were you able to create your business or grow your current business?
- Have you been able to attract to new customers and retain your current customers?
- Have you been able to hire the right employees and see their growth in your business? Also, have you been able to fire the wrong employees?
- Have you been able to delegate responsibilities and focus on what you do best?
- Does your business engage on social media?
- Are you able to educate your intended audience about how your services or product can bring value to their lives?
- Is your business up to date on latest trends and/or attending industry conferences?
- Has your business stayed in their comfort zone or has it had a healthy growth with expansion of opportunities and prospects?
- Were you able to graduate from school or get the job promotion that you desired?
- Were you able to find mentors who can guide you in your academic and/or job industry?
- On the flip side, were you able to mentor someone?
- Have you joined an organization and/or association that can propel your growth, provide networking and leadership development opportunities, and introduce you to resources that you could not get by yourself?
- Were you able to get into a new friendship or romantic or business relationship?
- On the flip side, were you able to eliminate toxic relationships from your life?
- Did you reach milestones in your current relationship such as anniversaries, celebrations, expanding your family, etc.?
- Did you have the opportunities to reconnect with past friends/associates or family members?
- Were you able to move closer to family and friends or move in with your significant other?
- Did you have moments where you could serve others?
- Did you find a great place of worship for you and your family?
- Have you found time to pray and/or meditate during your busy day?
- Did you grow in your walk in faith? Have you been tested and have positive testimonies to share and uplift others?
- Do you have a group of people that can keep you accountable, you can study with, and/or share your values with?
- Did you grow closer with God?
These are just a few questions to help jump start your internal reflection of your best moments of the year and decade. It can be your top 5 moments from each category or one from each. The quantity does not matter, but what matters is how you have grown. This activity can help foster gratitude and sense of pride in your accomplishments. If all your goals or desires have not been accomplished, it is never to late to start planning for future success for the upcoming year and the new decade.