Frequently Asked Questions
What can I do to prepare for my initial appointment?
● Recall past psychiatric medications used, side effects and length of treatment
● Be prepared to discuss family history of mental illness
● Names and dosage of current medications
● Complete patient intake forms ahead of your appointment to maximize your appointment
Which previous labs and diagnostic reports can I send prior to my appointment?
● Complete Blood Count (Hemoglobin, Hematocrit, White Blood Cells, Platelets)
● Basic Metabolic Panel (BUN, Creatine, Glucose, Potassium, Chloride, and Sodium)
● Lipid Panel (Cholesterol, Triglycerides, HDL, LDL)
● Thyroid Panel
● Liver Panel (AST, ALT)
What is the importance of having labs and diagnostics sent?
Allows us to provide you with the appropriate treatment
Can I call in for refills outside of appointments?
Refills are taken care of during scheduled appointments but there will be a $40 refill request fee if you need a refill outside of your regular appointment so please plan accordingly
If I have letters and documents needed to be filled, what is the policy regarding them?
Contact Genesis Psychiatric Solutions for more information
What is the best form of communication with Dr. Ifeanyi Olele?
Through the patient portal
If I am having an emergency or crisis episode what should I do?
Call 911 or go to your nearest hospital emergency room
Does Dr. Ifeanyi Olele participate in the perscription drug monitoring program?
Yes, he will be able to review use of controlled substances past and present
What are the policies for late appointments/no-shows?
● If you know you will be late to an appointment, you may call the office to switch your appointment to a telepsychiatry appointment as long as this is done no later than 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment
● If you end up missing the entire appointment, you will be charged for the entire visit
Why don't you accept insurance?
Dr. Ifeanyi Olele is considered an “out-of-network” provider for these reasons:
● Confidentiality: some insurance plans require extensive and confidential information about the patient before they approve services
● Freedom for you to choose the provider that is a good fit for you
● Gives the provider more time with the patient
Genesis Psychiatric Solutions will provide you with a superbill at your request listing the billing codes of your visit that you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement
If you have any additional questions please contact Genesis Psychiatric Solutions